Electronic Form. By accessing the Website or becoming a Member and/or Subscriber, you consent to have this Agreement provided to you in electronic form.
Non-electronic Copy. You have the right to receive this Agreement in non-electronic form. You may request a non-electronic copy of this Agreement either before or after you electronically sign the Agreement. To receive a copy of this Agreement, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Term and Termination. This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Website and/or are a Member. You may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason by following the instructions on the Profile Management page, in Account Settings, or on receipt by MeetJuliet.com of your notice of termination by email, fax or mail. MeetJuliet.com may terminate your membership for any reason, effective on sending notice to you at the email address you provide in your application for membership or another email notice address that MeetJuliet.com received from you. If MeetJuliet.com terminates your membership in the Service because you have breached this Agreement, you will not be entitled to any refund of any used or unused subscription fees.
Auto-Renewal Policy. To ensure you enjoy uninterrupted use of the Service, if you have purchased a membership plan other than an annual plan, your membership will automatically renew 24 hours before expiration. You may disable Automatic Renewal after purchase in the Account Information section, via the Cancel Account link. Additionally, you may terminate your membership at any time, for any reason, by following the Cancel Account instructions on the Account Information tab in Account Settings, or on receipt by MeetJuliet.com of your notice of termination by email, fax or mail. Following cancellation, you will continue to have full access to your membership for the remainder of the term for which you have paid, provided you otherwise are in compliance with this Agreement. Refunds will not be issued for early cancellation nor inactivity. Refunds will not be granted in the event the user, member and/or subscribe. Should a refund be granted, for any reason, in any form (a credit or a complimentary subscription), the maximum refund allowed per member will be ninety-nine dollars ($99.00 USD).
By providing us with your payment information, you authorize and instruct us to bill your credit card account for the amount of your initial subscription fee, and to bill that account again each time that the current term of your subscription is about to expire in the future. If at any time you do not want to automatically renew your subscription in the future, please make appropriate changes in your Account and/or Profile editing sections of the website.
3. Username and Password. As part of the member registration process, you will be asked to select a user name ("Username") and password. We may refuse to accept any Username for any reason, including that the proposed Username impersonates someone else, is or may be illegal, is or may be protected by trademark or otherwise infringes on other proprietary rights, is vulgar or otherwise offensive, or may cause confusion, as we determine in our sole discretion. You may have only one Username. You agree not to transfer or resell your use of or access to the Site to any third party. If you have reason to believe that your account is no longer secure, you must promptly change your password by updating your account information, available at the 'Account Management' Page after logging on to MeetJuliet.com, and immediately notify us by emailing us at Accounts@MeetJuliet.com. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USERNAME (USERNAME) AND PASSWORD AND FOR ANY AND ALL ACTIVITIES THAT ARE CONDUCTED THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT. Should your Username be used to promote activities or to connect with other members in a lewd or lucidious manner, and/or through communications that are unwarranted by the member once received--regardless of your knowledge of such behavior, or not--the account will be terminated in perpetuity.
4. Unauthorized Use. The Website and the Service are for the personal use of individuals only, for purposes consistent with the Website and Service and this Agreement. You may not use the Website or Service in connection with any commercial or group activities or resell the Service. Organizations, companies or businesses may not become Members and may not use the Service or the Website for any purpose. Collecting Usernames or email addresses of members, or other information on the Website, by electronic or other means, is prohibited. Framing of or linking to the Website without the express, written permission of Digital Divine, LLC, is prohibited.
5. Proprietary Rights of MeetJuliet.com. MeetJuliet.com, its partners and its licensors own and retain all proprietary rights in the Website and the Service. The Website contains copyrighted materials, trademarks, and other proprietary information of MeetJuliet.com and its and licensors. You may not copy, modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, display or sell any Website material or information. MeetJuliet.com is a subsidiary of Digital Divine, LLC. You hereby acknowledge and agree that the Website is the owner of highly valuable proprietary information, including without limitation, the proprietary Duet compatibility matching system, compatibility profiles, and relationship questionnaires (collectively, "Confidential Information"). The Website owns and hereby retains all proprietary rights in the Services and the Site, including but not limited to, all Confidential Information. By posting Content to any public area of The Website, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to The Website, its affiliates, licensees and successors, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, reproduce, adapt, modify and distribute such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. You further represent and warrant that public posting and use of your content by The Website will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
6. Content Posted on the Site.
You are solely responsible for any materials (including profiles, photos or video) and messages ("User Content") that you publish or display on the Website or via the Service, or transmit to other Members.
By posting Content to any public area of MeetJuliet.com, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to MeetJuliet.com an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, distribute and sell such information and content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such information and content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.
You understand and agree that MeetJuliet.com may review and remove any Content that in the sole judgment of MeetJuliet.com violates this Agreement or which, in the sole discretion of MeetJuliet.com, might be offensive or illegal or might violate the rights of, harm, or threaten the safety of Members.
The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is prohibited on the Website. MeetJuliet.com reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate action in its sole discretion (including notifying legal authorities) against anyone who violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the Website and Service and terminating the membership of such violators. It includes Content that:
- may be offensive to Website users, such as Content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters" or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes information that you know is false, misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes or enables unauthorized copying of another person's copyrighted or other proprietary work, such as providing computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing music or video links to files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- exploits anyone under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal or potentially harmful activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial, unauthorized or unlawful purposes from other users;
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes; or
- otherwise is inappropriate for the Website, in MeetJuliet.com's sole judgment.
You must use the Website and the Service in a manner consistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations
You may not include in your Member profile any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses.
You acknowledge and agree that the Website may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend the Website's, or a third party's rights or property; or (3) protect someone's health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including the user) is threatened.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement or the Privacy Statement, the Website reserves the right, but has no obligation, to disclose any information that you submit to the Services, if in its sole opinion, the Website suspects or has reason to suspect, that the information involves a party who may be the victim of abuse in any form. Abuse may include, without limitation, elder abuse, child abuse, spousal abuse, neglect, or domestic violence. Information may be disclosed to authorities that the Website, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate to handle such disclosure. Appropriate authorities may include, without limitation, law enforcement agencies, child protection agencies, or court officials. You hereby acknowledge and agree that the Website is permitted to make such disclosure.
You may not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other Members to buy or sell any products or services through the Service. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. Although MeetJuliet.com cannot monitor the conduct of its Members off the Website, it is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the Service in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person, or in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation.
WARNING: It is possible that other Members or users (including unauthorized users, or "hackers") may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the Website and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of the Service, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure you. MeetJuliet.com is not responsible for the use of any personal information that you may choose to disclose on the Service. Please carefully select the type of information that you post on the Service or release to others.
7. Copyright Policy. You may not post, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Service in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information: an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Website; your address, telephone number, and email address; a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. MeetJuliet.com's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: MeetJuliet.com, CI@meetjuliet.com.
8. Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other MeetJuliet.com Members. MeetJuliet.com, Inc. reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor online disputes between you and other Members, arising from or related to the Website.
10. DISCLAIMERS; NO WARRANTIES. MeetJuliet.com is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content posted on the Website or in connection with the Service, whether caused by users of the Website, Members or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Website or the Service.
MeetJuliet.com is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the Website or Member of the Service.
MeetJuliet.com assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, user or Member communications.
MeetJuliet.com is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or audio or video players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Website, including injury or damage to users and/or Members or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in connection with the Website or in connection with the Service.
THE WEBSITE AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES OR THE SITE (INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE WEBSITE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, ALWAYS AVAILABLE, ERROR-FREE OR WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ANY DEFECTS IN THE SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED. THE WEBSITE DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR, AND NO WARRANTY IS MADE WITH RESPECT TO, THE CONNECTIVITY AND AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES.
Again, you are solely responsible for your interactions with other Members. You understand that MeetJuliet.com does not in any way screen its Members, nor does MeetJuliet.com currently inquire into the backgrounds of its Members or attempt to verify the statements of its Members. MeetJuliet.com makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of Members or their compatibility with any current or future Members. In no event shall MeetJuliet.com be liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Service, including without limitation, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other registered users of this Service or persons you meet through this Service. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other Members of the Service, particularly if you decide to meet offline or in person. In addition, you agree to review MeetJuliet.com Online Safety Tips & Advice prior to using the Service. You understand that MeetJuliet.com makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through the Service. You should not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information) nor financial assistance to other MeetJuliet.com Members.
MeetJuliet.com cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Website and/or the Service. You understand and acknowledge that it is possible for third parties, acting illegally, to access your account and that MeetJuliet.com cannot be responsible for this risk or other third party illegal activity.
11. Limitation of Liability.
Incidental Damages and Aggregate Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL MeetJuliet.com BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR PROGRAMS, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS AND PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF MeetJuliet.com KNOWS OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL MeetJuliet.com's AGGREGATE LIABILITY, IN ANY FORM OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR THE SITE, EXCEED THE PRICE PAID BY YOU FOR YOUR ACCOUNT, OR, IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID MeetJuliet.com FOR THE USE OF ANY SERVICES, THE AMOUNT OF $25.00-USD OR ITS EQUIVALENT.
No Liability for non meetjuliet.com Actions. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE WEBSITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, BODILY INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES RESULTING FROM COMMUNICATIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER REGISTERED USERS OF THE SERVICES. THIS INCLUDES ANY CLAIMS, LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING FROM THE CONDUCT OF USERS WHO HAVE REGISTERED UNDER FALSE PRETENSES OR WHO ATTEMPT TO DEFRAUD OR HARM YOU. The Website provides a â€œSafe Communication and Meeting Protocolâ€ document in an effort to assist its members; however this document does not make The Website liable for the actions of any User of The Website, regardless of their use of the above referenced document.
Information Verification. MeetJuliet.com and its contractors may use various ways of verifying information that users have provided. However, none of those ways are perfect, and you agree that MeetJuliet.com and its contractors will have no liability to you arising from any incorrectly verified information.
12. U.S. Export Controls. Use of this Website is subject to United States export controls. No use of the Website or Service is permitted by (i) a national or resident of Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea or Syria, or any national or resident of any other Country to which the U.S. has restricted exports or (ii) anyone on the U.S. Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders or Denied Persons List. By using the Website or the Service, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or on any such list.
13. Disputes. If there is any dispute between us about or involving the Website or the Service, you agree that the dispute will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts located in Harris County in the State of Texas. In lieu of formal legal proceedings, disputing parties may engage in binding arbitration as facilitated by a licensed arbitrator in the State of Texas.
14. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold MeetJuliet.com, its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Website or the Service in violation of this Agreement or arising from a breach of this Agreement or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in this Agreement.
15. Advertisers and Links. The Website may contain links to third party websites, endorsers or advertisers. The third party websites, endorsers or advertisers are not under the control of MeetJuliet.com, and MeetJuliet.com is not responsible for the contents, services or goods of any third party websites, endorsers or advertisers. The inclusion of any link is as a convenience and does not imply endorsement by MeetJuliet.com of the website or any association or relationship with its operators.
16. No Professional Advice. The information and materials available through the MeetJuliet.com Website including the advice of relationship advisers, is for information and educational purposes only and is not a substitute for the professional judgment of a licensed practitioner. MeetJuliet.com, the Website and the Services do not provide psychological advice or medical or diagnostic services. Your reliance upon information and materials obtained by you at or through the Website is solely at your own risk.
17. Other. This Agreement, accepted on your use of the Website and further affirmed by becoming a Member of the Service, contains the entire agreement between you and MeetJuliet.com regarding the use of the Website and the Service. If any provision of this Agreement is held invalid, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
Please contact us with any questions regarding this Agreement.
MeetJuliet.com is owned and operated by Digital Divine, LLC.
MeetJuliet Terms & Conditions Last Updated: March 4, 2011